Tuesday 27 January 2009

For the Boys!


One of my favourite era's is the 50's/Vintage, so when I came across these stamps from Bombshell Stamps - they were a must (I've had them about 6 months now, but we wont dwell on that!!).
I was going to make this card to enter a challenge (Sketch & Stash) due to the never before used 6 month stamp, and I did start out using their sketch, but I played around with the sketch to the point that it no longer looked like the original sketch, so I wont be submitting it - I'll try next time!

It fits the up and coming Valentine theme, and I thought it appropriate for a male card. I also added to the back a "handstamped by..." which perhaps I should do more often, but often don't bother!

For this card I have used Bombshell stamps and the flourishes are Basic Gray clear stamps, papers - you guessed it - are from Sweet Shoppe Designs - I'm really loving these papers and they are so easy to download and print (as many times as I need - at no extra cost!) - distressing with Ranger distress ink pads - black soot.
I thought I'd also post a card I made ages ago (probably 18 months ago?!) which is from the 50's era and an image (which is from a craft vintage image cd which I bought on ebay about 18 months ago - and that had loads - 1000's - of similar and other vintage images) which I love!

Don't forget to check back tomorrow for February Blog Candy!!!

2 comments:

Lynsay Joanne said...

Loving the cards Maria i really like the 50's style, my friend is soon having a 50th birthday pary and i am making the invites and was looking to do something on this style i will have to have alook at the website where you brought yours.

see you on the 7th Lynsay xx

Anonymous said...

I like the 50's style, too. The stamp is beautiful! I really enjoyed looking at your creations this evening. :)
Hugs, Vanja

Blog Widget by LinkWithin