Tuesday 24 March 2009

Back to the land of blog...........at last!!

Im so sorry for having been away for so long, but unfortunately I was really unwell, but glad to say that I am now back on form! - Thank you to all who stuck by and for those that sent me emails regarding my whereabouts and subsequently your good wishes - it's truly touching! - Thank you. I will try to get back to everyone to answer your questions asap!

Of course, when I did get back in form, the amount of neglected chores were a liitle overwhelming i.e. housework - ironing - kids - work - which I'm glad to say that I have now also caught up with, so now Im left with catching up with my blog, some dt work and also co-ordinating the Particraft stand at the Big Stamp & Scrapbook Show at Ally Pally on 18/19 April '09! - I do hope that some of you will get chance to come along and say hi, as it would be great to meet you in person - but I will post about this again nearer the time.

I do have a quick project to show you, which uses one of the new stamp plates from Particraft, which I will also be running a demo/m+t workshop at Ally Pally. It is a 'ladies' unmounted A5 plate and this particular lady is my favourite! I have added my paper rose to it too - and thank you all so much for the wonderful comments that you left me about my tutorial - I'll be sure to get some more together for you shortly - but first let me get Ally Pally out the way!

And just on a final note.......An Award!, I just wanted to share this award with you that was given to me by Cardmaking Galore, it was such a pleasant surprise - It is so great to know that you like to read my blog and that it inspires you. This fab award is given to blogs which:
- inspire you
- make you smile and laugh
- or maybe gives amazing information
- a great read~ has an amazing design
- and any other reasons you can think of that makes them uber amazing!

The rules of this award are: Put the logo on your blog sidebar or post. Nominate at least 5 blogs (can be more) that for you are Uber Amazing and let them know. Share the love and link to this this post and to the person you received your award from!

It's not easy to list merely 5 people as there are so many of you out there who do all of the above, but here are 5 ladies(and a gent) that I have selected:

Valem, Pam, Becki + Alan, Lynne, Lynsay

11 comments:

Moni said...

Card is fantastic, love the gorgeous stamp image! Great colour combo! Congrats for the award! Hugs, Moni

Lilacanglia said...

Glad you are feeling better now,
congratulations on the award,
what a super card, just love it,

Susie Sugar said...

Fantastic card you are so talented, it's Stunning darling so Sassy
Congrats on the award too
Hugs Susie xx

The Taming of the Glue said...

Hi Maria
Many thanks for my mention. I hope I make people laugh...my life is quite funny!
I love the ladies plate card, so sophisticated. Definately going to order the stamps when I get back. Good luck at Ally Pally, wish I was able to be there. Glad to hear you're feeling better now. Take care.

Becki and Alan said...

Hi Maria,

So glad you're feeling better, really sorry to hear you've been poorly. I love this "ladies" plate - such good value when you think what the individual stamps cost - and this is an amazing card you've made with it!

Congratulations on the award, and thanks for passing it on to us, too. Lovely to get it; we'll be posting it on our blog later..

Becki
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, now! :)
Your card is gorgeous, the image is absolutely amazing and your rose beautiful as always. Thank you again for posting the tutorial, it was great. :)

Congratulations on the award, you really deserve it (I already have your blog added in my sidebar as inpirational):)

Thank you for nominating my blog for the same award, it means a lot!
Have a great day
Vanja

Lynne Gilbert said...

Thank you Maria. Great card and looking forward to seeing it at Ally Pally. I just love this stamp plate and can't wait to get it. Loads of the new sets are such good value.
Really nice of you to pass on this award. I will post it on my Blog when I return from work!

Glad you're feeling better

Love Lynne. XXX

Scrapishments said...

Oh wow!!! I love this card! I have yet to try making cards, but when I see this, it really inspires me to give it a try! Simply elegant and beautiful work! I am a fan of your art.

Shannon

Milagros Aguirre said...

The card is beautiful and more even the rose.
It is very sensual!
( I do not dominate the language; but I help with a dictionary)
Hugs!

Sheri said...

What a fantastic card! And I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

This is a wonderful card and stunning image! WOW~ So wish I had access to this stamp here :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin