Monday 16 March 2009

Strength, Cure, Hope!

Just a quick post for you today, of a project that I have put together for a workshop that I have coming up this week, the group will be making this card and gift box and selling them on at a church event to raise money for breast cancer.



The template I used for the bag was a template that I picked up from a craft magazine, I have decorated the bag inside and out, and added a small velcro piece to easily open and shut - the stamps are Magnolia's 'Tilda with rose' and the circle sentiment stamp is also from Magmolia. The papers are a digi download from Raspberry Road Designs called 'Alive & Kicking' - perfect for obvious reasons. I made one of my paper roses from the same papers and have also added a bottle top embelishment to the gift bag which has been squashed with the wizard machine and then coloured with alcohol inks, the small bead on the card was also coloured with alcohol inks to match.

I will let you know how they turned out and how much the ladies managed to raise.

16 comments:

Moni said...

OMG such gorgeous creation you made, love the cute bag and the card is awesome and the rose is fantastic! Hugs, Moni

Sheri said...

So beautiful and for such a good cause! Well done!

Lynsay Joanne said...

Wow these are great you really are fantastic.
keep up the good work
speak to you soon
lol Lynsay

Lynne Gilbert said...

Maria, these are wonderful. I'm sure the ladies will be really pleased with them and if they all come out as good as yours they should be able to make a nice bit of money for a very worthwhile cause.
Good luck with the workshop.
Speak to you soon.
Love Lynne. XXX

Cher said...

wowser...so cute! and for worthy cause...ty for sharing with me..Cher
luv yer blog!

Tertia said...

card and box and what a great idea to make and sell them. I hope you and the ladies make loads of money.

Tertia said...

card and box and what a great idea to make and sell them. I hope you and the ladies make loads of money.

Becki and Alan said...

Hi Maria - lovely work as always! What is the key to squishing bottletops with the Wizard? When I've tried it, it cut through the tan mat and I've not had the courage to try it again.

Becki
xx

The Taming of the Glue said...

What a fantastic project, I love the bag. I'm sure it's going to be very popular.

Paula said...

Hi Maria these are absolutly beautiful wow. I have some blog candy on offer i would love it if you could enter?
Paula xxxx

Lynne Gilbert said...

Soory to hear you're feeling a bit under the weather Maria. Hope you feel better real soon. Love Lynne. X

Kimmi said...

Brilliant way to raise money and a beautiful design. As a cancer suffer myself and undergiong chemo (not for breast but bowel) I can really say that any money raise from these fab cards and bags will be really appreciated in helping to find a cure etc ... Well Done!

XX

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria! Great creations. I love that Tilda.
PS. I got the package today!!:) Thank you so much! I will post it later on my blog :)

Have a great day
Hugs, Vanja

Cardmaking Galore said...

These are so beautiful. There is something on my blog for you.

Mrs Mac said...

This is amazing, so beautiful!
Good luck with the workshop and at the sale... this is stunning.

Susie Sugar said...

Fantastic project , very very special , you are so talented
Hugs Susie xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin